You ever notice how when you have a headache, everything just seems like a billion times worse?
****edit: okay, so I don't necessarily have to have a headache to exaggerate.
The sun is out - Oh my GOSH it's so freakin bright outside!
It's a little warm - Geez it's like a thousand degrees out here!
Someone is rude to you on the phone - that was the MEANEST person I have ever spoken with in my life.
You get a little hungry - I'm freaking starving I think I could eat my own foot.
Work calls in and asks you to come in a little early - oh yeah right, like THAT's gonna happen.
Haha. I'm so spoiled.
Yes I have a ridiculous headache currently, but I've really got to stop letting it so ruin my mood.
I have found that a wonderful way to put any situation in perspective is to laugh at yourself. I'm sure if you asked my best friend, she'd tell you I thoroughly enjoy myself. Well, it's true. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're kind of screwed. :)
So even if you're in like the worst moment of your life...stop, take yourself out of it for a moment, and find some humor in it somehow. Trust me, it really does help.
I'm not saying belittle a situation, not by any means, but surely everyone overreacts at least a little bit.
(crickets chirping)
uhh..okay, well maybe it's just me then.
Either way, have a little fun! Have a laugh at your own expense! It'll probably lessen your chance for gray hairs if nothing else heh heh.
.........Did you have a headache on Saturday too? You wanted to eat your foot then as well? :P
ReplyDelete